Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A New Ramble After a Long Absence

Hello, how have you been?  I hope you have been blessed.  In the three years since I last made a blog post (yikes!), Love bug became a full-blown toddler, and God added another busy little man to our family!  A blog post from three years ago came up in my Facebook memories, and as I read them I wondered, why did I stop when I just started?  I don't really have a reason really, but I do have a convoluted ramble.  When I was about 14 I remember hearing that a boy I liked though I was a really boring person.  Now, for context, I probably was to him because I am generally fairly quiet and reserved in person-I'm better on paper ;)

Fast forward to the adult me and there is still a great deal of trepidation when I encounter new people, new being people I haven't know for more than two years or so!  There is also a great deal of, who would want to read anything I wrote?  Now I say this not wanting to be full of self-pity, but to say to someone out there that, God loves you.  He chose you.  And even when you feel your most unlovable, even maybe downright despicable, He will never stop loving you. Growth is discovering who God made you to be, and being content in that.  Faith, in this area anyway, is trusting that God has a tribe out there just for you and He will provide.  In my reading this morning I came across this verse: "I, Paul, write this greeting with my own hand, and this is a distinguishing mark in every letter; this is the way I write."  2 Thessalonians 3:17

This is the way God created you to be, rejoice in love He has for you.  He is the light in the darkness, and even when you're own your knees in the pit of despair, He is with you.  He sees you and He's not angry or disappointed, He just wants to hold you.  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment