Monday, June 10, 2013

Afraid to be a Jesus Freak

There is a Newsboys song called 'Jesus Freak' that was big when I first became a believer in 1999; the lyric I have going through my head goes something like this, "what would people say if they hear that I'm a Jesus Freak, what would people do if they find that it's true."  See I've come to realize something about myself...I am a Jesus Freak.  I love Him with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  I think about Godly things constantly.  The problem?  I stink at small talk because most people don't want to have spirit-filled discussions right when they meet you, people tend to quietly back away from the crazy person talking about Jesus.  It doesn't help that I seem to be an exceptionally strange and painfully shy person anyway-my idea of fun is playing with a microscope and reading physiology books, oddly enough most people don't get into that kind of thing...

While I'm beginning to be okay with who God made me to be it does become a bit lonesome at times.  My husband bears it well but I try not to make his head swim with all my ramblings ;)  I guess my point is that I am afraid to let my freak flag fly, I am human after all and enjoy making friends, however we are not called to be lukewarm but to let our light shine before all men.

Whelp, that's all I got, deep thoughts for a Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment