Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Why I'm Doing This

"Create in me a clean heart, O God.  Renew a loyal spirit within me."  Psalm 51:10 (NLT)

So, why have I decided to start posting in this blog I started a year and a half ago?  To help people?  To help myself?  My pride?  Who am I to think I'm important enough to have people listen to?  Will anyone actually read this or is it a lame attempt at relevance?

While I think it's important to ask these questions in order to stay humble it is of far more important to seek to hear God's voice.  "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else" Matthew 6:33.  This verse has been my mantra for 2013; knowing that if I seek Him, He has all under control.  Which brings me back to why, why this, why now?

Dunno, your guess is as good as mine!  The NIV translation says "create in me a pure heart" and that is my prayer.  Do I hope I help others, of course, but more than likely it is to help myself-an attempt to reach out and say...hi.

While I admit I have a Pink Floyd song going through my head, "hello, is there anybody out there? Can anybody hear me? Is there anyone home?" my greatest desire is to do the will of the One that sent me, whatever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment