Monday, June 24, 2013

In Which We Hit the Pause Button

I skipped church yesterday and it was awesome.  There, I said it, I feel purged.  We were all up and getting ready to go, kids were eating breakfast while I fed the baby back in the bedroom...then Daddy laid down with us...then the kids crawled in and snuggled under the covers...then the music started.  We spent over an hour in that bed, all five of us, just listening to praise to our Father.  Now it wasn't some great spiritual experience that changed our lives and took all of our problems away, but it was counted as joy.  It was awesome to just stop and enjoy the life put before us.  There are so many times when we rush to get ready, get things done, that we miss the moments that could be spent cuddling.  Someday they will be too old to want to snuggle in bed with their momma and daddy but I thank God that He gave us the time right now and the wisdom to see it for what it was-joy.

Afterwards dh went and picked up a crib and signed the kids up for swimming lessons!  Last night I was able to sleep with my husband for the first time in four months and little love bug didn't put up a fight!  Also, when dh gets home tonight he gets to do what he loves best:  surprise the kids by taking them to their first lesson (I learned very early on that dh loves to surprise people, it's like his love language.  I also learned not to try to guess and ruin it-if I'm right it's like I kicked his puppy, lol).  Setting up the crib forced us to start organizing our bedroom, which hasn't been done since we moved in six months ago (and still isn't done but ya' know...). 

By the grace of God it's looking to be a pretty stellar week and when obstacles come (and they will-probably by lunch time) His grace will carry us.  So will His forgiveness when I don't always handle it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment